Sunday, August 5, 2012

Latest adventures in Cache Valley

I haven't put anything on here in a little bit, but I have been fishing a few times. Newton Reservoir in northern Cache Valley here is a small reservoir that has tiger muskie, large-mouth bass, bluegill, yellow perch, crappie, and green sunfish. I have been trying to catch a tiger muskie (I haven't caught one this year), but the last few trips I have been focusing on bass. The fishing this year for the muskie has not been good at all - for anyone out here. The warm temps and the high water temps has them laying low, I think.

I have had some pretty good success for bass over the last few days. I love my bass fishing, but I wish the average bass out here in Northern Utah was a little bigger. But nonetheless, they are still fun to catch. Check out the pics.

Newton Reservoir at 6 am:


Some other shots of Newton and its low water levels:






Here are some pics of some of the bass:






Some even made the trip home for dinner:





Too bad no one around me here in Cache Valley sells these baby brush hogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment